Great Plains Audio is the premier repair center for Altec Lansing loudspeakers manufactured before 2005. We can also repair professional loudspeakers produced by other manufacturers, including Electro-Voice and JBL.
Great Plains Audio specializes in the repair of the following discontinued Altec Lansing Professional Loudspeaker Products:
In addition to the above, we also provide parts and service for the following models:
- 400-series of Low Frequency Loudspeakers (411’s, 414’s, 416’s, 417’s, etc.)
- 600-series of Low Frequency Loudspeakers (601’s, 604’s, 617’s, etc.)
- 3000-series of Low Frequency Loudspeakers (3124, 3127, 3124, 3154, 3184)
- Home Audio Loudspeakers manufactured prior to 1983.
Our Standard Service includes re-magnetizing old Alnico high and low frequency loudspeakers to restore their original magnetic strength at no extra charge.
Whether you have an original Altec 288 high frequency compression driver made in the late 1940’s, any of the newer large and small-format compression drivers, or one of Altec’s many outstanding low frequency loudspeakers, we can repair it.
No one else can manufacture diaphragms for your Altec high frequency compression drivers that perform exactly as the originals did. Our team of skilled craftsmen were all long-time Altec employees. They assure that our parts and service meet and/or exceed original Altec Lansing standards for quality and performance.
Special Services Offered
- All of our high frequency diaphragms are manufactured in-house using the modern mounting ring and push-on terminal assemblies developed by Altec Lansing in the middle 1980’s. For those customers wishing to retain the vintage appearance to their products, original style mounting rings that utilize screw-type terminals are available for an additional charge by special order.
- Low and High frequency loudspeaker rebuild kits are available to qualified re-coning centers. Please call for current availability and pricing.
- Full restoration for the original Altec 515 low frequency loudspeaker is available. This includes a full paper cone, phenolic spider, and total re-magnetization. We also provide this service for the original Altec 604 DUPLEX® loudspeakers. Please specify this option when sending in your loudspeaker.
- Full restoration for the Altec 411 low frequency loudspeaker is also available. This includes an entirely new foam surround, cone, suspension, voice coil, and complete testing before it leaves our facility.